Run for Mercy FAQs
Registration FAQs ~ Please click on a question to see the answer
- 1. Do I have to join a team to participate?
- No, you can register for the race as an individual runner or walker. You can also register as a virtual participant by raising money for our event. (Simply click "Register," choose any city, and register as a virtual participant.)
- 2. Do I get a t-shirt?
If you register before the deadline for your particular race, you are guaranteed a t-shirt. Anyone who registers after the deadline is not guaranteed a t-shirt, but we will distribute remaining t-shirts in order of registration.
- 3. I signed up, but now I won't be able to run. Can I get a refund?
We are unable to process refunds for entry fees. However, if you registered before the t-shirt deadline, you will be able to pick up your t-shirt at the Mercy Ministries office after the event.
- 4. Who can participate in the races?
All Run for Mercy events are open to all ages. Even dogs are welcome!
- 5. I see that children 12 and under are free. Do I need to register them?
Children aged 12 and under can participate in both the 5K race and the kid's fun run for free without being registered for either event, but they are not eligible for a free event t-shirt and/or a timing chip. When you register, we ask that you let us know how many children 12 and under will be attending with you.
If you would like for your child to receive the free event t-shirt and/or a timing chip for the 5K race, you will need to complete the registration form for them and pay the registration fee. There may be a limited number of youth size shirts available for a suggested donation on race day.
- 6. When do I receive my race t-shirt?
If you register before the deadline, you will receive your shirt on the day of the race upon check-in. This is also when you will receive your other race items (race number, safety pins, etc.).
- 7. I've registered for the race. What do I do next?
Log in at www.runformercy.org and click the button to Access Your Participant Center. Here you'll find options to set a personal or team fundraising goal, design your page and add photos, create a personal URL, etc. Instructions are included for all options. (Team captains set team fundraising goals.)
In the Participant Center, you will also see donations made toward your fundraising goal as well as an email tool to request donations and/or thank those who have donated.
- 8. I chose to create a team. How do I get people to join?
Contact anyone you'd like to invite to join your team. Send them the URL link to your team page and let them know that they need to click to Join Team. Alternatively, they can visit runformercy.org and search for your team by the team name and then click to Join. Each person will need to register and provide their contact information and other required race information as well as pay the registration fee.
- 9. I registered more than one family member when I signed up for the race. How do I obtain login information for those individuals so they can create their personal fundraising pages?
Please Click here to email Tracy Brothers and provide the following information:
Race: (ex. Nashville 5K)
Name of Runner: (ex. John Smith)
Desired Username: (ex. jsmith)
Desired Password: (ex. Mercy123)
Runner's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Passwords must only contain letters, numbers, and underscores, and are case sensitive.
You will be sent a confirmation message to the email address provided when the account has been set up.
Race Day FAQs ~ Please click on a question to see the answer
- 1. Will the race be cancelled if it rains?
- The event will be held rain or shine. If weather conditions become unsafe the day before or day of the race, the race director has discretion to cancel the event. If your race is cancelled, you will receive an email from your local Mercy Ministries Community Relations Manager.
- 2. Is the race timed?
- Yes! A local company will provide timing for the event. Official results will be posted after the race and on the Run for Mercy website the week following the race.
- 3. Do I have to have a timing chip?
- If you'd like to be timed, you will need a timing chip. You will have a choice during registration to choose if you'd like a timing chip.
- 4. Do you need volunteers?
- YES! We are always in need of volunteers at our Run for Mercy events. If you are interested in volunteering at any of our 5Ks, please Click here.
Fundraising Tips ~ Please click on a question to see the answer
- 1. Is my registration fee tax deductible?
- No, the entry fee covers race essentials such as your t-shirt, permits, insurance, etc. Any donations made in addition to the registration fee are tax deductible.
- 2. Are there awards/prizes?
- Yes! Awards will be given to the best time, by age group - 14 and under, 15 - 19, 20 - 24, 25 - 29, 30 - 34, 35 - 39, 40 - 44, 45 - 49, 50 - 54, 55 - 59, 60 - 64, 65 and over. There may also be door prizes and/or team prizes offered.
- 3. How do I create my personal fundraising page?
- Once you register for the race, instructions for how to create a personal fundraising page can be found in your participant center.
- 4. How do I create and share a personal URL for my fundraising page?
- You will find instructions for creating a personal URL in your participant center.
- 5. How can I be a sponsor of this event?
- Click here for information on sponsorship.
- 6. Do you have any fundraising tips?
- Let everyone know that you are Running for Mercy in this event! Send them the URL link to your fundraising page and ask them to consider making a donation toward your fundraising goal. These donations can be made online and will directly show in your total amount raised. All donations are tax deductible.
Alternatively, people can visit runformercy.org and search for you by name to find your personal fundraising page and make a donation.
Use your Twitter, Facebook and personal blog to share that you are running in the 5K and provide the link so that anyone who sees it can visit your fundraising page and make a donation.
For more fundraising tips, Click here.